The Hampden-Sydney Tennis team avenged a 5-4 regular season loss to the Guilford College Quakers, winning 5-2 to advance to the ODAC Championship game. The Tigers will face Washington and Lee at 10:30 am on Sunday at the Folkes-Stevens Tennis Center at Old Dominion University
- Final Score: Hampden-Sydney 5, Guilford 2
- Records: Hampden-Sydney 16-5, Guilford 13-5
- Location: Norfolk, VA – Folkes-Stevens Tennis Center
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Clark Cummings and Grayson Burns dominated Logan Glass and Jarad Gandy 8-0 at #3 doubles
- Following an 8-4 loss at #2, Michael Moody and Matthew Moody picked up an 8-4 top-flight win against Tate Godwin and Graham Pearson
- Levy Young made quick work of Jarad Gandy 6-0, 6-1 at the #5 spot to push the Tigers lead to 3-1
- Burns provided H-SC with their fourth win on the night at #6, dispatching of Glass 6-4, 6-2
- Cummings won his first set 6-3 at #4 but forced a tiebreaker after trailing 5-4 at the second set. He went on to win the second set tiebreaker 7-3 to clinch the match for Hampden-Sydney.
- The Tigers advance to their first ODAC Championship match since 2011. H-SC will battle Washington and Lee at 10:30 am.
We're headed to the 'SHIP! Clark moves to 19-2!!!! pic.twitter.com/qFsCOFJxnh— HSC Tennis (@TigerTennis1776) May 6, 2018