Sep 29, 2017
Six Tigers competed at the ITA Southeast Regional over the weekend at the University of Mary Washington.
- Final Score: No team scores
- Records: Not applicable
- Location: Fredericksburg, VA – University of Mary Washington
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Clark Cummings and William Driskill reached the B1 Doubles finals. They won their round of 16 matchup 9-7 over Robert Kresch and Nick Sweeney from Haverford then rolled in the quarterfinals at 8-2 against Bryce Coleman and Alexander Johnson of Christopher Newport. Their semifinal opponent from John's Hopkins no-showed to advance the duo to the title match, where they proceeded to suffer an 8-5 defeat at the hands of Stefan Hein and Kelson Weber from Salisbury
- Matthew Moody won his first-round matchup at the Championship Singles draw over Noah Tapp of Washington and Lee 6-4, 6-3 but followed with a round of 32 loss to third-seeded Mark Fallati of Swarthmore 6-4, 6-4
- Michael Moody, also competing in the Championship Singles draw, fell to fourth-seeded Matthew Miles from Mary Washington 6-2, 6-1 in the first round then dropped a 6-1, 6-2 decision in the consolation bracket to Swarthmore's John Lathrop
- The Moody Twins also competed in the Championship Doubles draw as the #9 seed. They were upset 8-2 in the round of 32 by Jiung Jung and Blake Oetting of Swarthmore after receiving a first-round bye.
- William Driskill lost in the round of 16 by a score of 6-3, 6-4 to Salisbury's Kelson Weber in the B2 singles draw. He then fell in the consolation quarterfinals to Virginia Wesleyan's Mitchell Perry 3-6, 6-4, 6-1
- Grayson Burns and Andrew Donelson went the distance in the round of 16 B2 doubles match but ultimately lost 9-8, 7-6 (8) to Emmett Johnson and Kris Stokes of Bridgewater. In the consolation bracket, they won 8-1 in the quarterfinals vs. Peter Appiah and Doug Vaughan from Stevenson followed by an 8-3 win in the semifinals over Kyler Apgar and Bryan Harris from Shenandoah before dropping the 8-2 consolation finals match to Carlos Lora and Henry Blanco from Averett.
- Hampden-Sydney's fall season has concluded. They return to the court on February 28 at home vs. Averett at 3 pm.