The Tigers scored just 34 seconds into the game and added on two more to pick up three points in the ODAC standings courtesy of a 3-1 victory over Emory & Henry.
- Final Score: Hamden-Sydney 3, Emory & Henry 1
- Records: Hampden-Sydney 4-4-1, 2-2 ODAC; Emory & Henry 5-5, 0-4 ODAC
- Location: Hampden-Sydney, VA – Hellmuth-Gibson Field
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Tigers scored one of the quickest goals in team history as Cole Burton directed a pass towards Jack Sweney who put it in the back of the net only 34 seconds into the contest to put the Tigers ahead 1-0
- At 11:48, Spell Carr took a Josh McCormack pass and shot it left-footed from 25 yards out and hit it off the underside of the crossbar as it bounced into the goal.
- H-SC goalkeeper Gray Sutter made some strong close-range saves to keep the Wasps off the scoreboard at halftime
- Emory & Henry's Colin Foley kicked a strong strike from 30 yards out that went into the far post upper 90 to draw the Wasps within a goal in the 74th minute
- Carr and McCormack connected again in the 81st minute when a McCormack pass was headed into the right of the goal from five yards out to put the game out of reach for E&H
COACH DINUZZO'S COMMENTS
- "Good win overall, and almost everyone that stepped on the field played extremely well, but once again we were in a situation to put a team away and we let them back in the game. We have to learn from this or it'll hold us back when it really matters. Great to see us build the game the way we did though at times, and plenty of positives going into our next game."
TIGER TOP PERFORMERS
- Spell Carr posted two goals on four shots
- Josh McCormack added on two assists
- Jack Sweeney scored once
- Cole Burton contributed an assist
- Gray Sutter stopped four shots
FOR THE FOES
- Colin Foley scored once
STATS OF THE GAME
- H-SC outshot E&H 16-7
- Both teams earned three corner kicks
- Hampden-Sydney hosts Randolph on Wednesday at 7 pm