Nov 20, 2017
William Peace University defeated Hampden-Sydney Basketball 89-70 on Monday night.
- Final Score: William Peace 89, Hampden-Sydney 70
- Records: Hampden-Sydney 1-3, William Peace 1-1
- Location: Raleigh, NC – Hermann Athletic Center
HOW IT HAPPENED
- William Peace scored 15 of the game's first 17 points after five minutes of play and pushed their lead out to as much as 19, 31-12, in the first half.
- The Tigers went on a 16-4 run over the final seven minutes to trim the deficit down to 35-28 at halftime
- The Pacers scored the first five points of the second half to go back up by 12 and would lead by double digits the rest of the contest
TIGER TOP PERFORMERS
- Kevin Quinn scored a career-high 20 points as he shot 7-13 overall and 4-9 from three range
- Raheem Anthony tallied 12 points and five rebounds
- Hunter Kuehn scored nine to go with five boards, three assists, and a block
FOR THE FOES
- Trey Bryant led William Peace with a 15-point, 12-rebound double double
- Samuel Arnold posted 14 points and eight boards in 17 minutes
- Paul Dunlap contributed 11 points and six rebounds
- John Burwell tacked on nine points, eight rebounds, seven assists, and three steals
STATS OF THE GAME
- Both teams struggled to shoot with the Pacers making just 41% of their shots compared to 39.4% from the Tigers.
- William Peace made 12 three pointers but shot just 31.6% from three range, Hampden-Sydney went 7 for 25
- WPU outrebounded H-SC 60-36 as they reeled in 21 offensive rebounds leading to a 25-5 advantage in second chance points
- Hampden-Sydney travels to Washington and Lee University on Sunday to open ODAC play at 2 pm.